Our clients are always wondering “what’s the best social media platform for Realtors?”
We have spent endless hours testing different platforms and have come to a conclusion. In fact, we’ve ranked the top 3 social media platforms for Realtors.
- Facebook is the best social media platform for Realtors.
- Instagram is growing quickly among Realtors and users, giving it the number two spot.
- LinkedIn is and for the foreseeable future will be the driving force in getting referrals from other Realtors on social media.
Here’s why Facebook is the best social media platform for Realtors.
- A staggering 79% of adults use Facebook in North America
- Facebook’s real estate advertisements deliver ~10x more ROI than Google AdWords or Twitter Ads – from PropertySpark’s proprietary advertising data on millions of Facebook impressions
- With the right targeting you can reach potential buyers and sellers
- You can keep in touch with your friends, family and past clients all at once
Facebook is the clear heavyweight social media champion of the world. When it comes to Real Estate, they also dominate.
And the runner-ups are…
In second place we have Instagram
- They are owned by Facebook but have been taking over a slightly different market.
- For the most part, Instagram has a younger demographic. Millennials can’t get enough of it and eventually they’re going to buy houses.
- Instagram is massive. They have 700 million users and have been growing at crazy speeds. They added 100 million users in 4 months (from December 2016 to April 2017).
There’s no doubt that Instagram is a close runner-up to Facebook.
In third place we have LinkedIn
- LinkedIn is a great place to connect with other Realtors.
- If you’re looking to give away or get a referral then LinkedIn is the place to go.
- It’s a solid social media platform when you’re looking for opportunities in the real estate space among other Realtors.
Although LinkedIn lacks in a few of the advertising features that Facebook and Instagram have, it’s a useful platform for different reasons.
At the end of the day, focus on the best social media platform for Realtors.
There are many social media platforms out there.
There are countless blogs and videos declaring that you should be using each and every one.
But the reality is, as a Realtor you’re busy. To be effective on social media and in business you have to focus on what works. Right now, the social media platform that’s working for Realtors is Facebook.
If you’re looking to start doing what works on Facebook right away and save time doing it, check out PropertySpark – the social media advertising platform that lets Realtors advertise on Facebook.